Hitachi C12FDH 12 dual bevel compound miter saw uses Hitachi’s one of the exclusive laser marker systems for accurate cuts.
It provides smooth and accurate cutting of crown Molding, decorative panels, and various types of woods, plywood, aluminium sashes, and soft fibreboards efficiently.
The placing of the saw head bevels plays a significant role in cutting efficiently. The blades are adjustable so it is quite user-friendly.
The large base of the compound miter saw provides one of the best supports and prevents the material from unnecessary deformation or warping.
Are you looking for the best miter saw out there? To know why & what makes this dual bevel compound miter saw the bestselling miter saw go, you need through this article till the end.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- 1 What is a miter saw?
- 2 What will you find in the box?
- 3 Benefits of buying this product
- 4 What is the difference between a single bevel miter saw and a dual bevel miter saw?
- 5 Who can use this saw?
- 6 Conclusion
What is a miter saw?
Before going any further discussion about 12 dual bevel compound miter saw let’s try to understand what is miter saw briefly. Basically, a miter is a type of power saw which does all the standard jobs that a hand saw miter does.
This was invented by an American named Ed Nihaus who used to work in Rockwell manufacturing company. This meter saw became a staple in every workshop for making clean, edgy, and sharp cuts in the material.
A miter saw can make 2 types of cuts-
- Miter, angled cut which is made on the face of a wood piece.
- Bevel, angled cut which is made on the edge of a wood piece.
At the end of this article, we will find out about the different jobs that could be done by the Hitachi C12FDH 12 dual bevel compound miter saw.
Why choose the Hitachi C12FDH 12 dual bevel compound miter saw?
If you are wondering about why you should buy the answer is here. Hitachi Ltd. is one of the oldest MNCs offering a wide range of business and consumer products which is one of the crucial reasons which make this company so popular and trustworthy.
They make some of the best high-quality framing tools. Some of the best thing about Hitachi 12” miter saw is listed below.
- From the price point of view, it is quite good.
- The laser marker ensures precision in cutting.
- It is light in weight (26.4 lbs.), so travel friendly.
- It contains a tall flip fence by which you can easily hold woods for crown molding cuttings.
These are some parameters that make Hitachi better than any other company.
What will you find in the box?
Let us quickly have a look at all the things that you would get as a package if you buy the Hitachi C12FDH compound miter saw.
- The C12FDH 12-inch miter saw with dual bevel
- A 12-inch 40 tooth TCT blade
- Vice assembly & Box
- Hex bar wrench
- Dust bag
About the product
The people who have already had a chance of using this saw often compliment this product for its fine angled cuts which are not that feasible with other dual bevel saws.
To understand how efficient the saw is, you need to learn about its attributes.
So, let us now know about the characteristic features which make Hitachi C12FDH 12 dual bevel compound miter saw so unique. So, here we go.
- The laser technology is the main attraction of this product for smooth and accurate cutting in the material. Moreover, the blades can be adjusted easily to the left or right of the cut mark according to the users’ preference.
- Miter range 52 degrees right and left and bevel range 48 degrees right and left. Operates at 15 Amps with a motor speed of around 4,000 rpm producing 1950 W of output.
- Elastomeric compound with a large base which allows crown molding vertical cuts as per preference.
- The dimension of the saw miter 46.3 by 24.6 by 27 inches. A tall pivoting aluminum fence stands at a height of 5 1/8 inches. Also has a horizontal handle to reduce vibrations.
- TCT 32 tooth saw blade, vise assembly, dust bags, hex bar wrench, holder assembly, and dust bags are included with the system
- The 12-inch blades spinning at 4,000 rpm (maximum speed) can give a cross-cut capability of 2 ¾” *8 or 3 ½” * 5 1/2*”, which is pretty good for a miter saw.
Extra features about C12FDH
A splinter guard is there behind the fence which helps in the decrement of splinters and rips in the work. A wide base is there in the miter saw which helps to keep the miter saw rigid and vibration-free. It also easily prevents the mistakes that come with slippage or warping.
The maximum bevel angle allowed by this saw is near about 45 degrees.
Benefits of buying this product
Now, you are already aware of the features of this dual bevel miter saw. So far, this product is best in its way.
But before you choose or decide to invest in the product, you must be aware of its advantages. Let’s find out the pros and cons of this product now.
- The laser marker technology is one the best features of this miter saw
- Precise cutting in the exact marked location
- Light in weight
- Travel friendly
- Large base for support and balance
- Low in price
- Vertical handle for easy cutting motion (which is rare among other miter saws)
- Required fewer places to store
- The dust collection is not that good
- Making material stability is difficult
- Saw damage and replacements
All coins have two sides. If you overlook some of the disadvantages of this product, this miter saw is undoubtedly good and it does its job perfectly what it claims. So you can trust on this product.
What is the difference between a single bevel miter saw and a dual bevel miter saw?
A single bevel miter saw can cut in a unidirectional manner which means the blade can be moved in one direction only. On the other side, the dual bevel miter saw can cut in a dual direction that means the blades can be adjusted in both directions.
This is the fundamental difference between a single bevel and a dual bevel miter saw.
If you are thinking about which one is more convenient then I will say you have to figure for which purpose you will use this saw. The single bevel one is portable and cheaper and this ideal for home décor and DIY.
If you are a professional then go for the dual bevel one, which will be more suitable for you to do work faster and accurately.
Why you should choose this product?
The Hitachi compound miter saw 12 inches has been a fundamental product in the Hitachi product line for its accuracy and high quality. I would like to mention a few points about why you should prefer this product over other miter saws.
First of all, if you are searching for miter saws at a reasonable rate, this costs around $295 which quite affordable and it will be perfect for any beginner or any full-time tradesman.
The laser marking technology makes this product more unique. This is for a smooth and accurate cut in the material. The cuts are always accurate. But now a question is arising within you what will you do if the Hitachi C12FDH laser not working? Can the batteries of a miter saw be replaced?
The answer will be just simply making a call to the service center if you have bought the miter saw from a registered store or an online store. If the damage happened during the warranty period it will be repaired without any cost or will be replaced.
Because of the lightweight of the product, you can shift it anywhere very easily and it requires less space to store.
You will get enough power from a 15-amp motor which is capable of generating 1950 watts and delivers 4000 rpm. It’s great features, servicing quality and price are the main three reasons why many people choose to buy it. You can buy this miter saw without any hesitation.
The product comes with a warranty of 5 years and has an adjustment knob for fine-tuning bevel angles.
Who can use this saw?
You already know that this saw is a very powerful tool and can cut with a lot of precision.
Having known that, are you eager to know who else can benefit from this saw apart from carpenters? Well, this can be used by almost every individual who is into woodworking projects, like carvers and craftsmen.
It offers you steady cuts and therefore you can easily carve a wooden block into a fine structure or a sculpture even.
Not only normal wooden blocks but also hardwood blocks can be cut using this saw. Apart from wood, it can also cut aluminum plates, boards made of fiber, and panels.
You can also buy this saw if you are a DIY person who loves making things out of various materials.
We are now at the end of our discussion about the Hitachi C12FDH review. In this article, we have already discussed the Hitachi C12DFH parts in detail. Let’s sum up a few of the important points about this product.
If you are still confused that what brand should you buy you can blindly rely on my recommendation. Go for Hitachi, it is one of the best companies out there and it will not disappoint you. The servicing facility is excellent.
The modern laser marker technology for ultimate precision makes this miter saw different from any other miter saw found in the market. Due to the double bevel, the blades can be adjusted in any direction.
The majority of the users give positive comments on this product. They highlight how easy to use and how well it cuts the material. They also like the fact that it is light weighted and can be easily replaced from one place to another.
Hitachi C12FDH 12 dual bevel compound miter saw is undoubtedly best for any beginners as well as a full-time tradesman. Hope this article about the Hitachi C12FDH review is helpful for you. But always give a read to the Hitachi C12FDH manual before making any changes to the whole set up.
Frequently Asked Question
Should I use a 10 inch or 12-inch miter saw?
- The basic difference between a 10-inch and a 12-inch miter saw are-10 the inch is faster than the 12-inch due heavyweight of the blades. The 12-inch is more expensive than the 10-inch one. Choose according to your needs.
What brand of Miter Saw do you recommend and why?
- Hitachi’s miter saw is one of the best miter saw out there because it does the job perfectly what it claims. From the price point of view, it is quite affordable and light- weighted as well.
Does Hitachi bring the best compound miter saw?
- Yes, Hitachi undoubtedly brings the best compound miter saw for any person including a tradesman. The affordable price range and premium servicing quality make Hitachi the best company.
Are Hitachi miter saw better to use?
- Yes, of course. Hitachi always makes very good miter saw. All other companies try to copy Hitachi. Hitachi’s miter saws are of very solid construction and very well-made piece of equipment. This is very easy to use.
What does dual bevel mean on a compound miter saw?
- The dual bevel miter saw means the blades can be adjusted to both sides the left and right. Some people also call this double bevel miter saw as it can be adjusted to any direction to make cuttings.
How do you unlock a Hitachi C12FDH miter saw?
- You just need to put little pressure on it and find where the lever is, it might be a pin in or something like that too.
You have to pull that pin out then the miter saw will be unlocked. Before doing anything give a read to the Hitachi C12FDH manual for better guidance.